Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Facebook

There was Friendster. MySpace. Multiply. And other social networking sites that have since got buried alive after Facebook came into the picture.

I first heard of Facebook sometime last year when my friend S requested me to create one. So I did. I immediately forgot about it. I thought then that Friendster and Multiply were better sites to upload photos and get in touch with friends and family from all over the globe.

Then in January someone nagged me to update my Facebook. So I did. I have never stopped since. I am addicted actually. Proof?

Well, logging in to Facebook is the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning and when I arrive home after work. I stalk the site till the early hours of the morning including weekdays. I updated my status. I take their stupid quizzes. I use the different apps. Heck, I even had a memorable date playing Scrambler against my SO. I always lose. And I didn't do that intentionally. Dang!

Since the site has since been blocked by the network admin at work and I don't feel comfortable without going online in Facebook I use a proxy site even though I know I would surely get reprimanded when I get caught. I minimize the FB window to a 4x4 or 5x5 size to minimize the possibility of getting caught. Pathetic.

I also use the site's chat application to converse with friends on real time. I use it to stalk people I know who are offline in YM/AIM but are online in Facebook. They can't hide from Scud. I do that for a living.

So there it is. I am officially a Facebook addict. Are you?

12 comments:

gillboard said...

yes. if only for pet society and restaurant city...

i just don't take the stupid quizzes. I hate those things...

escape said...

im not though. just like you, i opened an account but didnt had time to update it. im still thinking about it as it might take part of my time in blogging.

i believe it is addicting. for now ill stick with blogging. for now. hehehe...

Visual Velocity said...

I don't have Facebook, ehehe. People have been nagging me to open an account, but I've been pretty adamant about not doing so. Pasaway ba? You can say that again. :p :p :p

The Scud said...

gillboard > parati ko ignore mga pet society requests. i dont even play mafia wars. sa quizzes lang ako. katuwaan. hehe.

dong > create your facebook account! lyn, remz, chua, and the rest of the batch are there.

andy > haha. gawa ka na rin. add mo ako. that is if you know my name. hehe.

Raft3r said...

i have a draft very similar to this
papalipasin ko muna bago i-post
great minds think alike?
nyahaha

btw, add moko sa facebook
hehe

Eloisa said...

me? no addict. But i do love how the pictures look good with all the simple whiteness of the background. it's more interactive too.

Skron said...

Mark Zuckerberg owns your soul for life now.

The Scud said...

raft3r > great minds think alike talaga. hehe. pinag-iisipan ko pa yung facebook. susulpot na lang pangalan ko sa invites in the years to come. nyahaha...

sonia > you're addicted to blood! :p

skron > i know. 4-5 hours na nga lang tulog ko dahil sa facebook na yan. haha.

atticus said...

haha. parang ako iyang dini-describe mo. pasingit-singit ng silip sa facebook.

len said...

I enjoy Facebook but I still consider myself a 'Multiply' girl. ;p

The Scud said...

atticus > aba. may facebook ka pala? :p

len > ano ba meron sa multiply na wala ang facebook? :D

len said...

I find Multiply more intimate kasi. Naka-focus lang sa blog, photos, video and music plus I get to control to whom will I share my posts. :p