Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reds

I don't know about you but i am very particular about time. Or to be more precise, I don't want anyone wasting my time. Or anyone letting me wait. I just don't have the patience.

You see, I am almost always on time. Filipino time does not exist on my world. If ever I was not going to make it on time (for a date) I tell whoever I was meeting that I will be running late. I text. I call. I email. I give my reasons. I tell them how many minutes I think I will be late. Or where I was if I was caught on traffic. And that I was sorry.

That's the reason why I don't have much patience for people who are habitually late. Who cancel dates on the last minute. Who always asks for a rain check. Who make me wait for hours.

I have been stood up many times in my life. By family. By friends. By dates. And I still am not used to it. I get pissed. I give them the cold shoulder for days. Or weeks. One even lasted for more than a month. Or was it two?

Yesterday, I got stood up twice. By two friends. Two separate lakads. It was horrible.

I wanted to beat someone up. I wanted to pick a fight with someone. Anyone.

I wanted to scream. Punch a wall. Rant.

It's been almost 24 hours since and I still see red when I think of last night. But I'm trying not to. I just don't know how.

9 comments:

Visual Velocity said...

I can definitely relate to your post; I'm very punctual and I really make an effort to be on time, all the time. I set my watch 20 minutes early, sometimes 30, so I won't be late. I think being punctual is plain courtesy, something as basic as saying "please" when asking for a favor, or saying "excuse me" when you bump into someone accidentally.

Hassle to go out with friends — may male-late, may magba-backout. Ang pinaka-ayaw ko yung ang linaw na nang usapan, bihis na ko, paalis na ko ng bahay, tapos may mag-te-text, sasabihin cancel na raw yung lakad kasi tinatamad. What the hell, right?

That's why I watch movies alone, I go on gimiks alone, and I dine out alone. Hassle to go out with people.

my gulch said...

i am with you. but in a country like ours, i guess being punctual becomes exceptional. minsan, yung late pa ang malakas ang loob. walang sorry-sorry. it usually happens among friends. minsan masyadong comfortble na pati pagdating sa oras, nawawalang bahala.

gillboard said...

sa lahat ng mga naging kaibigan ko, from high school to college, til now, wala pa akong kaibigan na on-time kung dumating. ewan ko kung bakit wala akong makilalang ganun...

ako pa naman laging maaga... unlike you though, medyo mahaba ang pisi ko...

Anonymous said...

this is true...

nalate nga yung group namin nila Mel nung nagpinatubo tayo! hahaha sensya.,

hmmmm,.,. seldom akong nalelate pag ako mag-isa. I hate antayans kaya if the situation permits na mauna ako, mauuna talag ako! hehehe

The Gasoline Dude™ said...

No comment. Nyahaha! = P

The Scud said...

andy > hassle nga pero niyaya ko pa rin sila. masarap kasi pag may kasama. hehe...

my gulch > they take us for granted. hehe. di nila alam how if feels to wait. at maglakad ng maglakad sa mall while waiting for them. :-) btw, thanks for visiting.

gillboard > pag puyat lang ako saka ako nagagalit. o naiinis. sa dates di ako nagagalit. dapat best foot forward palagi. hehe...

bryan > haha. ayos lang yun. may kakwentuhan naman. nakakainis kung ikaw lang mag-isa at walang kang dalang music player or book.

gas dude > haha. i get it!

Raft3r said...

waiting is my barometer for love
kung kaya kong antayin ng sobrang tagal ang babae magbihis for a date
at di ako magagalit
ibig sabihin non may potential sya
hehe

escape said...

"I wanted to beat someone up. I wanted to pick a fight with someone. Anyone.">>> a punching bag will help. let's buy one.

The Scud said...

raft3r > tama ka dyan! hehe.

the dong > meron na kami sa bahay. nasira nga lang. :-D