Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In A Week's Time

In a week's time I'll be living alone - again - in a three-bedroom apartment. My cousins, who I co-habitate with, has gone back to our hometown. The apartment would be eerily quite and pitch dark when I arrive from work.

In a week's time I won't be waking up with my nephew's high-pitched giggle or shrill voice when calling "Papaaaaa".

In a week's time I won't be doing baby-talk with my one-year-old nephew.

In a week's time I won't be informing anyone where I'd be going when I go out.

In a week's time I would have to clean the living room and the toilet which is a drastic change since I don't even clean my room. My 15-year-old cousin used to describe my room back in my hometown as "dinaanan ng bagyo".

In a week's time I pretty much can do anything in the apartment like going commando.

In a week's time I pretty much can do anything in the apartment like invite friends for a drinking binge.

In a week's time I pretty much can do anything in the apartment like turn up the tv's volume with fear of reprimand

In a week's time I pretty much can do anything in the apartment like watch movies on my computer using the speakers and not a headset.

Freedom - it always come with a price.

No comments: