Someone is getting laid today. It will be fun. It will be sweaty. It will be sweet. It may even be rough. And it will eventually be tiring.
Here then are recommended films to watch while cuddling and regaining the energy well spent.
1. Original Sin (2001). Antonio Banderas is a man in need of a wife. Angelina Jolie is a mail-order bride. Both stars sizzle on their scenes together. A single VCD copy of the film switched hands for weeks among my batchmates in our last year in college. It was a big hit.
2. Unfaithful (2002). A college friend was not at all happy with this movie. I disagreed. Aside from that airport scene, Diane Lane and Oliver Martinez’ scenes are worth watching.
3. Scorpio Nights (1985). This is probably the best local adult film I have ever seen. The sex scenes are hot. The sequel, starring Joyce Jimenez and Albert Martinez, looks tame when compared to the far superior original.
4. Y Tu Mama Tambien (2001). Alfonso Cuaron, director of Children of Men, directs Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna who goes on a road trip with a much older woman. Forget about the quick lip-lock between the two male characters, the scenes that came before that – in the motel room and in the backseat of a car – make this film worth-watching. The deleted scenes from the DVD are pretty good too. Haha.
5. The Dreamers (2003). An American teen befriends two French siblings in 1968 France. He eventually moves in with them and embarks in naughty and intimate scenes with the two. It got an NC17 rating, a rating worse than R18, when it was released in the US.
6. Mulholland Drive (2001). David Lynch's mind-bending film is a beguiling one about an actress struggling to make it to the movies. The last act of the film featuring a lengthy girl-on-girl action is as shocking as its ending.
7. Jamon Jamon (1992). The film's many twists and turns are reminiscent of soap operas. It is a fun film to watch especially it's over-the-top ending. Oscar winners Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz star.
8. Wild Things (1998). The film’s many plot twists is reminiscent of Live Flesh, #7 on this list. There is said to be a great threesome scene involving Neve Campbell, Denise Richards, and Matt Dillon which got cut by our self-proclaimed moral guardians. For an 18-year-old whose taste in movies has not yet seen the light, the butchered version seen on screen was enthralling.
9. Basic Instinct (1992). The film that made Sharon Stone the star of most men’s dreams in the early 90s. I saw the film only a few years back. It was then I realized why it was such a big hit.
10. Lust, Caution (2007). This is my least favorite of Ang Lee’s films. It is about a female spy sent to assassinate an official of the sitting Chinese government. Similar to The Dreamers, the film also got an NC17 rating. The sex here is explicit and rough and almost too-real. Tony Leung (Infernal Affairs, Happy Together, In The Mood for Love) stars.