Thursday, February 4, 2010

Memories of Running

The last time I went on a run I could barely walk for days after. My right foot hurts. A lot. And I pretty much have a high threshold for pain.

Friends told me it was probably the shoes I wore. Our company doctor told me the same thing. I wasn't totally convinced. She didn't even try to examine where the pain was.


So I did what Scud would usually do. I bought new shoes. A Nike pair designed for running.

I used it on a trial run just hours ago. For the first few minutes it felt great on the feet. But minutes after my foot started to hurt. The right foot. My friends were wrong. The doctor was too.

Time to finally put my HMO card to good use and have my foot checked by an orthopedic doctor. Wish me luck!

18 comments:

engel said...

new shoes supposed to hurt a little when you first use it, right?

anyway, hope you'll be okay.

Visual Velocity said...

Baka you were not meant to run talaga, hehe. Walking na lang muna. :)

ShatterShards said...

Maybe you pulled a muscle or had a minor sprain. Try a hot compress on your foot, it might help.

DRAKE said...

Huuu! Binigyan mo lang ang sarili mo ng dahilan para makabili ng bagong sapatos! Para hindi ka maguilty!

heheh joke lang!

ingat

atticus said...

for women, the rule about new pairs of heel is you don't wear them for a big occasion. (i break them in at home for a few hours a day). same goes for running shoes. walk around in them for a few days before taking them out for a run.

but yes, it's good to have those feet checked. you might have injured them without knowing it.

have fun running!

Raft3r said...

running rocks
ipagpatuloy mo yan

Raft3r said...

ipa-check mo muna paa mo bago ipagpatuloy
syempre
=)

random student said...

yes yes yes yes yes. pull on the cow's tits for this one. what a waste of med benefits if you didn't.

Anonymous said...

all the best with your foot. i don't run. just thinking about it tires me.

The Scud said...

engel, my feet don't hurt no more. painkiller lang ang sagot.

The Scud said...

andy, kahit walk masakit pa rin. haay.

The Scud said...

shattershards, walang tumpak. hehe. bone structure ang problema.

The Scud said...

drake, haha. hindi ako mayaman katulad mo. :p

The Scud said...

atticus, had it checked na. the arc at the bottom of my foot is too high accdg to the xray. haaay. bad genes.

The Scud said...

raft3r, tapos na ang check-up. takbo na ulit this week. may nakahandang painkiller na sa bag. hehe.

The Scud said...

random student, oo nga. hehe. sayang ang binabayad ng company.

The Scud said...

prinsesamusang, ako rin. hehe. pinipilit ko lang tumakbo for health reasons. :D

princess_dyanie said...

naku baka naman kasi binigla mo ang sarili mo sa pagtakbo? hinay hinay nalang muna :P