Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hell on Earth

This week has been a test of patience.

It started over the weekend when the new 500Gb hard drive I bought crashed a day after I mounted it on EFA. All my files died with it. The good thing was I have backup drives where I backup my digital copies of movies, TV series, mp3s, personal videos, and photos. I spent most of Sunday and Monday getting a new second hard drive, requesting for a replacement for the crashed drive, installing the OS and other applications, transferring and organizing files from the backup drive, and downloading software updates. I was frustrated I wanted to metamorphose as Hellboy (credit goes to a former teammate who said I transform into Hellboy when I get mad/embarrassed) and pick a fight with anyone to vent out my anger.

Sunday tennis was frustrating too. I can’t get in the groove of hitting the balls inside the court. I lost all of my singles matches. On top of it, our trainer seems to see every flaw on the way I play – from the way I grip the racket to how I volley to how I bend my knees when I hit the ball. I don’t really get it since my friends hit the ball the same way I do and they don’t get called for it.

Then there’s work which is not getting any better. My lead, who is based on India, does not respond to any of my emails unless I remind him via email or instant message which should really not be the case. Request for new software installation takes ages to get approved. Tickets (Issues) assigned to me are written in Finnish. The internet connection speed sucks. And my office crush went AWOL.

Tomorrow marks my 6th day of hell on earth. It sucks.

19 comments:

Eloisa said...

Aww.. sounds like a hell of a week, C. You'll bounce back. but that IS a killer HD story...good thing you had back-ups.

Listen, the tennis thing takes a lot of patience and time. hehe. and not everyday is Davis Cup Day.Been there, done, that.

atticus said...

ay naku. pagkatapos ng lahat ng iyan, may rainbow. pramis.

gillboard said...

relax lang... maaayos din ang lahat... take it easy... ganyan talaga ang life, sometimes it sucks. hehehe

Raft3r said...

hang in there
paminsan ganyan talaga ang buhay

baka next week puro saya naman!
=)

happy weekend, scud

DRAKE said...

Heheh San mo ba binili yan sa gillmore ba? Hehhee wala bang warranty yan!

Hehhe mukhang nakakainis nga yan

ingat pre

Visual Velocity said...

ako rin, my week hasn't been that great. and to cap things off, may pharyngitis pa ko. darn, sakit ng throat ko. that means off limits muna to anything with sugar. torture!

Jerick said...

malay mo, ang katumbas niyan ay limpak-limpak na christmas bonus? hehehe.

Anonymous said...

wow our posts are matching! i also am talking of hell. maybe it is a fad these days. i don't know.

Random Student said...

finnish?! eh pano mo naiintindihan? babelfish pa? you need to medidate. not meditate. medidate.

len said...

It shall pass. :p

The Scud said...

Sonia, boy scout ako. always ready. about that tennis thing, it would take years daw to develop the skills. dang. tigulang nako ana. haha.

The Scud said...

atticus, sana nga may rainbow na. a light at the end of the tunnel. :D

The Scud said...

gillboard, tama ka. life is a rollercoaster ride.

The Scud said...

raft3r, masaya dahil sa tennis. sakit naman sa katawan. hehe.

The Scud said...

andy, magkaka-diabetes ka nyan.

The Scud said...

drake, may warranty. pinalitan ng seagate brand. ayos. ginawa ko na lang backup drive.

The Scud said...

random student, binalik ko sa kanila. tinuruan pa ako saglit kung paano iinterpret yung request. nyahaha.

The Scud said...

prinsesa musang, showing na kasi ang 2012. lol.

The Scud said...

len, oo nga. this too shall pass. :D