Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sexist

I have been many stopped by guards of shops and supermarkets many times and told to deposit my knapsack, which I always bring with me when I go to work or on my weekend escapades, on the baggage counter. The last time it happened was a couple of weeks ago. In exasperation, I asked the guard the reason why and she told me that they don't allow "big" bags inside the supermarket. I was like wtf! My knapsack was just the normal size. What irked me was that I could see women doing their groceries with really big shoulder bags and they weren't told to leave them in the baggage counter. Is this the dawn of a new brand of sexism? That men are now prone to shoplift more than women? I dont know if surveys have been made on who shoplift more - men or women - but most high-profile shoplifting cases I know of involve women. Remember Winona Ryder? Call me sexist but I'm just pissed at those guards or whoever give them stupid instructions.

No comments: