Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Getting Over

How do I get over you when ur my first thought when I wake up and my last thought when I hit the sack? When in the most unexpected moments you suddenly creep into my consciousness?

I should have known on the get go that it was not gonna last. That it was wishful thinking. A jab at the moon.

I wish I had not pushed it, I still might have had you in my life. Now, I wish I could completely erase you from my mind akin to what Joel Barish did in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I wish that you didn't come into the picture and disturbed my relatively peaceful existence. I wish I had not thought of that pickup line that made you sit up and make notice. And I wish you didn't tell me that differences make chemistry, that would have made a difference in me getting over you quicker and not obssessing of what could have been...

No comments: